a few of our favorite posts
diy mixed media tassel earrings
Keeping in this week’s unofficial geode jewelry theme, I’m really pumped to share this mixed media tassel earring DIY with you. I had the idea to do an earring like this after discovering mixed media jewelry designer Nikki Couppee on Instagram. This California-based artist combines beautiful stones, bold colors, and contrasting textures to create pieces that are nothing less than works of art.
When I came across these tinsel tassels, pink druzy slabs and green glitter beads on Woman Shops World, this DIY was a done deal. Use these super easy instructions to mix and match your choice of playful elements and create earrings that are all your own.
P.S. Woman Shops World is offering 10% off orders $100+ exclusively to Neon Tea Party readers with code WSWNEON10! Happy crafting 🙂
- Tinsel tassels
- Pink druzy slab beads
- Green glitter rock beads
- Freshwater pearl beads
- Earring posts
- Earring backs
- Strong craft glue (E6000 is the best)
- Trim tassels to 2.5″
- Lay out beads and tassel to your liking on each pink druzy slab
- Squeeze a very small dot of glue on the back of each decorative element, place on pink slab and press firmly. Let dry.
- Glue earring post to the back of each earring, ideally covering the bead holes. Let dry.
- Rock your awesome new earrings like a boss!
< photos by becca siegel photo & the neon tea party >
peace, love & neon,