a few of our favorite posts
How to Throw a Pom Pom & Tassel Party!
- Pom Poms and Tassels PARTY Box: The Neon Tea PARTY Box includes everything you need to throw an awesome Pom Pom & Tassel Craft Party at a discount compared to purchasing everything you’ll need a la carte. It also includes a Host Guide filled with additional party planning tips, extensive project instructions, and party bags to make taking home projects and supplies a breeze! You can even add a live virtual teacher to your purchase! (FOR REAL!) Learn more & snag your Pom Poms and Tassels PARTY Box here!
- Order supplies à la carte: Want to supplement your PARTY Box or whatever supplies you already have on hand? You can find all our recommended pom pom and tassel supplies here in the TNTP Shop!
- Have The Neon Tea Party come to you!: The Neon Tea Party offers private craft parties both virtually and in person throughout the New Jersey/New York/Connecticut area. When you book a private party with The Neon Tea Party, we provide all the supplies you’ll need, in addition to expertly-trained craft TEAchers. Learn more here!
- Multiple skeins of Omegacryl (or the yarn of your choice) in your favorite colors*
- Loome Pom Pom & Tassel Tools (we recommend having one per person)*
- Super sharp scissors – This one is our favorite!*
- Multiple skeins of DMC Embroidery Floss*
- TNTP Pom Pom Trim Guide Sets*
- Loome Tassel Comb*
- Plastic yarn needles*
- At least 1 skein of worsted weight yarn*
- Assorted beads*
- Keychain clips*
- Bowls or bins for yarn scraps to go in
- XL Loome Tools for GIANT poms (available at shop.theneonteaparty.com)
- A Loome Tassel Comb* for each guest so they can keep crafting after the party!
- Pom Pom & Tassel Project Guides for attendees to reference and get inspired*
*Item is included in the Pom Pom and Tassel Neon Tea PARTY Box!
SET UP TIPS
- Equip each person’s space with a Loome tool, scissors, embroidery floss, trim guides, and a yarn needle
- In the center of the table, place all of the yarn (Tip: Set them out in rainbow order for maximum aesthetic impact!)
- Make sure there are scrap bowls and bins within reach of every 2-3 crafters
- Place small cups and bowls throughout the table holding the assorted beads and keychain clips
POM POM AND TASSEL INSTRUCTIONS
- Here on theneonteaparty.com: Find the steps to make solid and patterned pom poms and tassels here in TNTP’s Online Craft Studio! You can also reference our pom pom and tassel tutorial videos on our YouTube Channel for extra support!
- Project Guides included in the PARTY Box: Each Pom Pom and Tassel PARTY Box contains multiple Project Guides that include step-by-step instructions on how to make solid pom poms, patterned pom poms, tassels, pom pom & tassel garlands, pom-tassel keychains, and stacked tassel bag charms! These will save you the headache of printing instructions for you and your guests.
- Have a TNTP TEAcher lead: Whether you opt into a Virtual TEAcher with your PARTY Box or hire TNTP to host an in-person craft party for you, we’ll provide you with an expert instructor PLUS all instructions for your desired pom pom or tassel project!
CLEAN UP TIPS
Making pom-poms & tassels is a surprisingly messy business. Follow these tips to keep your party tidy and make clean-up a breeze!
- Utilize placemats! When you trim pom poms, the scraps fall into a pile of yarn dust that lands wherever you’re trimming. Advise your guests to trim directly over the scrap bowl/bin on their placemats to make dumping scraps easy.
- Put extra scraps bins or bowls down the center of the table. Your guests can periodically dump their scraps into the bowls to reset their placemats in between poms and tassels! PRO TIP: Your guests can also choose to bring their scraps home to use for future craft projects such as resin, paper making, yarn “sand” art, and filling clear Christmas tree ornaments.
- Avoid wearing black. The pom pom dust tends to show up on dark-colored clothing, so if you’re celebrating a special occasion and want to keep your look neat, you may want to stick with a light-colored look. PRO TIP: Have a lint roller on hand for you & your guests!
- Vacuum or dust bust after you finish crafting. Following your pom-tassel party, you’ll likely find some errant yarn scraps under your craft table. A quick vacuum session will do the trick to clean things up!
POM-TASSEL PARTY IDEAS!
POM POM & TASSEL DECORATIONS
- Pom Pom and/or Tassel Garland
- Pom Pom Party Hats
- Pom Pom Crown or Tiara
- Pom Pom or Tassel Cake Toppers
- Pom Pom Drink Stirrers
- Pom Pom Napkin Rings
- Large Tassels tied onto Balloons
- Pom Pom Photo Backdrop
POM POM & TASSEL TREATS
- Donut holes dipped in colored chocolate & rolled in rainbow sprinkles
- Pom Pom Cupcakes or Cake – Use a Wilton No.233 Multi-Opening Decorating Tip to achieve a pom pom effect with your icing! (Check out A Kailo Chic Life’s Pom Pom Cake tutorial!)
- Pomegranate Juice Cocktails/Mocktails
POM POM & TASSEL GOODY BAG IDEAS
- Send them home with the craft supplies they used during your craft party or find more supplies at shop.theneonteaparty.com!
- Include extra Omegacryl yarn in a variety of fun colors
- Gift everyone a pair of good pom pom scissors, like our favorite Fiskars,
- Include inexpensive pom pom and tassel accessories, such as hair clips, hair ties, pens/pencil toppers, etc!
- Tie on tassels to the handles of your guests’ take-home bags
MORE INSPO ON OUR PINTEREST!
Find more Pom-Tassel Party inspo & links on our Pom Pom & Tassel Party Pinterest board!