Craft Events & Workshops Coordinator (Part-Time) - New York, NY
About the Craft Workshop & Events Coordinator Role
The Neon Tea Party is currently in a growth phase and is looking to bring on a Craft Events & Workshops Coordinator to increase the number of private & corporate events, brand activations, and workshops booked each month. This is a unique opportunity for a design-loving, entrepreneurially-minded individual (preferably with a passion for crafting!) to get in on the ground floor of an emerging creative upstart and to be an essential player in scaling the business to new heights.
Craft Events & Workshops Coordinator will be charged with managing TNTP’s event booking process through the entire event lifecycle, from prospecting new clients and nurturing warm leads through managing event logistics both prior-to and on-site. As the lead events contact for the business, candidate must be highly motivated and personable. It is preferable for candidate to have 1-3 years of event/project management, sales or related experience.
The position is part-time (20 hrs/week + events). Pending successful performance, the role is intended to grow into a full-time opportunity as the business continues expanding.
Workshops & Events Coordinator will report directly to owner Marisa Morrison.
Craft Events & Workshops Coordinator will also have the opportunity to develop skills as a craft instructor, helping to lead crafting activations on-site.
The Neon Tea Party is located in Chelsea, Manhattan. Candidate will work remotely for all computer-based work, but will be needed on-site at New York-based events and for occasional meetings at our NYC office.
What You’ll Do:
- Contacting warm & cold client leads from our database
- Prospecting new client leads
- Nurturing relationships with leads to keep them engaged with our offerings
- Managing event client booking process, such as: collecting event details, providing price quotes, and sending out contracts and invoices
- Booking teachers for events
- Managing workshop & event supplies / packing lists
- Attending events to oversee logistics and ensure event runs smoothly
Workshop & Event Marketing
- Writing workshop description copy for use in marketing materials
- Creating workshop ticket pages and posting classes to events marketing sites
- Pursuing marketing opportunities for ideal clients to find our events services
You’ll bring these skills and strengths to the role:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and can-do, problem solver attitude
- Highly organized
- Strong communications skills
- Impeccable grammar and strong writing skills
- Outgoing people-person who forms positive relationships with ease
- 1-3 years experience in events and/or project management and/or sales highly preferable
- Interest in crafting a major plus!
This role is paid on a bi-weekly basis. Compensation for this role is comprised of the following three components:
- 20 hour/week salary
- Competitive commission for revenue on all events
- Hourly pay for qualifying events staffed (i.e. all events that require more than 1 staff)
To Apply for this Job:
Please submit completed application form & email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5/24/19.