The Neon Tea Party is seeking a temporary full-time Events Manager & Program Assistant to join our team from April 5 to July 9, 2021 to sell, coordinate, organize, manage and execute our private and corporate events programs. Simultaneously, they will work alongside TNTP founder to execute our CommuniTEA programming calendar, including free workshops and CAMP TNTP.
This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurially-minded individual to get in on the ground floor of an emerging creative upstart and ensure its continued growth in scaling the company to new heights.
The Events Manager will be charged with managing TNTP’s event booking process through the entire event lifecycle, from prospective new clients and nurturing warm leads, through managing event logistics from booking to event day.
Sample tasks include:
- Responding to inquiries via email and phone
- Managing events calendar
- Managing staff scheduling
- Building contracts and invoices
- Building run of shows and hosting run-through phone calls
- Launching Zoom for teachers and MCs for events
- Attending select events to oversee logistics
- Sharing photos, recordings and more in recap email
- Keeping event financials and booking services and up to date organized
- Researching and pitching TNTP to prospective clients
- Assisting TNTP founder in marketing events program
- Coordinating with corporate partners on event partnerships
The Events Manager will work closely with the following team members in their role:
- TNTP Founder on a weekly basis to provide updates and seek guidance on events programs, and provide assistance on executing event-related partnerships. Founder is CC’d on all client correspondence to provide assistance and guidance as needed.
- TNTP Logistics Associate on a daily basis to manage fulfillment of all event orders and inventory.
- TNTP Contracted TEAchers and MCs to book them to staff the events, and attend monthly meetings.
A secondary part of this role is to serve as TNTP’s Programming Assistant. In addition to our private and corporate events, TNTP hosts free communitea workshops, adult crafting nights, and our virtual Craft Camp, CAMP TNTP. These programs will be run and managed by TNTP’s Founder and the Programming Assistant will support her with daily coordination, design, and logistical management. This role provides an incredible opportunity to work alongside TNTP’s founder as we continue to build and manage our craft programming. Sample tasks include:
- Creating Zoom Registrations for programs
- Working on Canva to prepare design elements
- Assisting in planning and marketing CAMP TNTP including managing master camp planning spreadsheets
- Assisting in managing CAMP TNTP registration and answering camper emails
- Assisting in preparing to launch CAMP TNTP programming including scheduling counselor meetings, coordinating with special guests, and building lesson plans
EXPERIENCE & LOCATION
As the lead events contact for the business, candidates must be highly motivated and personable, with at least 2 years of event/project management, sales or related experience.
The ideal candidate:
- Has at least 2-3 years experience in events and/or project management, and/or sales or related experience
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do, problem solver attitude
- Is highly organized
- Has strong communication skills
- Has impeccable grammar and strong writing skills
- Is an outgoing people-person who forms positive relationships with ease
- Has an interest, respect, or love of crafting!
The Neon Tea Party is based in South Orange, New Jersey. Candidate will work remotely for all aspects of this scope of work, and must provide their own computer, strong WiFi connection, and anything else they need for their work from home setup. If a candidate is local to the Tri-State Area, additional opportunities may arise to assist TNTP at our headquarters.
SCHEDULE & COMPENSATION
This is a contracted position for 40-hours per week from April 5 through July 9. Pay is a set weekly pay rate and an additional commission-based structure for each event booked. This role is paid on a bi-monthly basis (twice per month). Contractors will not be employees of The Neon Tea Party.
Schedule is flexible to individual candidates, but requires availability to connect with clients and TNTP team Monday through Thursday between 9 AM and 5 PM, and on evenings and weekends to launch events on Zoom.
While contracted, the candidate will enjoy the TNTP HQ team discount code to shop.theneonteaparty.com, and be invited to participate in TNTP teacher craft training workshops.
ABOUT THE NEON TEA PARTY
The Neon Tea Party is a virtual craft studio on a mission to help people get in touch with their creativity through colorful, universally-beloved crafts while creating community along the way! The Neon Tea Party sells a curated selection of craft supplies and DIY kits that correspond with the crafts that we teach. The Neon Tea Party provides opportunities for adults and kids 8+ to learn skills and projects online through our website, virtual community workshops, private & corporate events, and CAMP TNTP, our virtual craft camp for adults! Our brand has a playful and approachable spirit, inviting crafters of all skill levels to join our vibrant and groovy world of crafting!
To apply for this position, please fill out this Google Form no later than February 19, 2021, and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview in early February, with the goal of extending an offer letter by March 1, 2021. Approximately 10 paid training hours will be required throughout the month of March and April prior to the start date.